Workout A: Push
- Chest (General)
- Chest (Upper)
- Hip Adductors
- Deltoid (Front)
- Calves (General)
Workout B: Pull
- Back (Lats)
- Back (General)
- Hip Abductors
- Deltoid (Side)
- Hip Flexors
- Trapezius (Upper)
- Italicized exercises are optional.
- Generally, choose basic exercises when possible.
- Choose an auxiliary exercise if a second exercise for the same muscle group is performed.
- A glute/quad exercise may be substituted for a quadriceps exercise.
- The hip adductors & abductors may be exercised exclusively with the push or pull workout.
- Obliques may be exercised with push workout.
- If performing lateral raise (isolated movement), move side delts to push workout (after calves) to decrease overuse of supraspinatus.
- If performing upright row (compound movement), exercise side delts on pull workout (as outlined) to decrease overuse of elbow flexors.
- Also see complementary pairing of exercises involving low back.