the time taken to show effects

Ask and answer questions, discuss research and applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, darshana, stuward

razzmatazz5637
former lurker

the time taken to show effects

Post by razzmatazz5637 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:12 am

hi

anyone here had cross into any research that shown the time taken of any dietary supplements to show effects to the taker.
i mean generally, how long the body need to show any effects in the term of cognitive performance or mental ability.
the overall time of any dietary supplements.

Thank you

Jungledoc

Re: the time taken to show effects

Post by Jungledoc » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:43 pm

I'd imagine that it's different for every supplement. Also, in many cases the effect of the supplement depends on another factor. I'm thinking of creatine, which doesn't do anything if you're not training.

But, no, I don't recall seeing any research on this.
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan

hoosegow
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by hoosegow » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:33 am

That's kind of a loaded question razz. There is only one supplement that has clinical data supporting it works - creatine that doc mentioned. I believe there is a creatine sticky that has lots of good information that you can peruse to get an idea of response time.
Thanks TimD.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:36 pm

Also, it's a hard thing to measure. When I first started taking creatine, I thought that I was lifting better (more endurance, mainly) within a week or two, but that was just my subjective impression.
Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.--Francis Chan