No I don't know much about the lift.
21%

Total votes: 14

TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Post by TimD » Wed May 07, 2008 5:19 pm

Jungledoc wrote
Thankyou for being gentle on the "mature" part!
End Quote
LOL , I have to be. I'm more "mature" than you are.
Tim

Manofsteel319

Post by Manofsteel319 » Thu May 08, 2008 8:25 am

ok i'll go four weeks on the program the three was just a trial but since im seeing gains I'll stay with it. And my other workout partner the one I told you switched off of the 3x5 went back to it on legs yesterday he's one of those huge up top not downstairs guys but he's finally getting that mentality of working his legs and really loving doing it. I have a question on deads say i do the 3x5 should i up weight weekly which i tried to do yesterday and only got three on the last set or should I stick to the weight for the four weeks and see where that puts me?

Also with the snatch I must have tried doing it 15 times with just the bar and I felt awkward as hell. I'm going to watch the video of the girl doing it like a hundred times maybe I'll get it down. It's funny even with just the bar though I started sweating a bit! haha What do you guys think of recording lift sessions and then posting them somewhere? I know some people do them but I would feel wierd in the gym with a digital camera.

Funny thing when me and my workout partner were hitting legs in the middle of the floor I have big guys come over and tell me we're making them look bad! Obviously they were kidding but its funny. And the area clears out when we start I think thats cool. ok too long ....see ya

john corless

stuward

Post by stuward » Thu May 08, 2008 8:53 am

Manofsteel319 wrote:ok i'll go four weeks on the program the three was just a trial but since im seeing gains I'll stay with it. And my other workout partner the one I told you switched off of the 3x5 went back to it on legs yesterday he's one of those huge up top not downstairs guys but he's finally getting that mentality of working his legs and really loving doing it. I have a question on deads say i do the 3x5 should i up weight weekly which i tried to do yesterday and only got three on the last set or should I stick to the weight for the four weeks and see where that puts me?
I copied this from your journal:
1x5 325 lbs
1x5 335 lbs
1x3 356 lbs
What I would do in this case is repeat 365 until I can do 5 and then put the weight up next time. I break that rule once in a while and go higher weight even if I only got 3-4 reps. That's when I get impatient. Some times it works but I usually get stuck at the next level so I'm not sure I get any benefit from jumping ahead too fast. I usually ramp my sets so if I was going for 365, I would do 5 x 235, 270, 305, 340, 365.

Stu

Manofsteel319

Post by Manofsteel319 » Thu May 08, 2008 9:17 am

My thing is stu I don't want my grip to be gone by then cause I dont use gloves the straps or chalk, at least not yet. My grip is the big thing for me it is coming along but man I can't stand when my grip starts slipping. I'll do the 365 next week again and see if I can get more than three. But man was that heavy as hell.

I know this isn't snatch topic.... well maybe it is obviously to have a really good form while doing the snatch you need calves. I don't know if I should hit them directly or do I say ok I did deads squats and lunges they should get a workout? I read something on tnation about training plans geared towards building specific muscle and calves were one of them. Would anyone recommend doing a muscle specific workout or is that stupid?

TimD

Post by TimD » Thu May 08, 2008 9:23 am

You're rambling on all over the place. Muscle specific, for what reason, and for what lift? Deads, snatches. Why don't you start another thread. This has been totally ijacked.
Tim

robertscott
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by robertscott » Thu May 08, 2008 9:30 am

sorry if this is a stupid question, but should snatches be done on push or pull day?

TimD

Post by TimD » Thu May 08, 2008 10:11 am

I don't use a push or pull day when doing O lifts. I break it down into lifts. I think you asked the same thing earlier on cleans. Depends. if you're doing the power version,i.e. not going into the full squat or split, then put them on a pull day if so desired, but they also fit well on shoulder day. I wouldn't worry about it. I'd use them as first lift of the day, use it as a combination of warm up and total body work, then do whatever day it is you're going to do. If your doing the full snatch, go on leg day.
Tim

pdellorto

Post by pdellorto » Thu May 08, 2008 8:05 pm

Manofsteel319 wrote:It's funny even with just the bar though I started sweating a bit!
Snatches can be work. That's why I consider doing max reps with a 10kg bar in 60 seconds an actual workout finisher. I've done the same with a 45# oly bar before and it was hard...after one minute I had to stagger over to the next station in the circuit.
Manofsteel319 wrote: haha What do you guys think of recording lift sessions and then posting them somewhere? I know some people do them but I would feel wierd in the gym with a digital camera.
I'd be bored as hell watching a whole session. But if you cut it down to just a few short videos of individual lifts, it would be fine. I've posted here, I've posted on the Crossfit digital coaching boards, I've posted on the Strengthmill forums. It really helps you improve form. Not as good as hands-on coaching but it's pretty close.