Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward

manofsteel1385
Apprentice
Apprentice

Steroids?

Post by manofsteel1385 » Mon May 03, 2010 11:17 pm

I am interested in steroids.

A lot of people say don't use them your junk will shrink, don't use them they are bad for you. Blah Blah Blah

I am at the point age wise where I read that using them would be recommended due to my natural drop in testosterone. I turned 25 this past January.

Someone asked if I was on them and I laughed like haha I wish but I don't know much about them and if I were to look into them I would rather have first hand experience from people that used them over written stuff.

Right now I'm 5'8 180.8 lbs....weight fluctuates from that to 175 depending on the day. I don't care about weight I just want to get bigger. Weight used to be a big thing to me that's why I got fat and bulked up to 215 lbs.

I'll be doing the GVT routine soon and don't want to use them until I hit a wall on every level supplementing dieting etc. Has anyone known anyone that used them or used them yourselves and want to share information?

I'm really open about my want to do them. Steroids are illegal here but not in a lot of other countries why is that? IDK I'm just very curious. thanks.

John Corless

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Tue May 04, 2010 2:51 am

It's going to take a lot of research. So be prepared to do some learning.

xshawnxearthx

Post by xshawnxearthx » Tue May 04, 2010 7:39 am

i always thought T levels drop at 30.

you have a netflix account?

go watch bigger, stronger, faster.
Last edited by xshawnxearthx on Tue May 04, 2010 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

pdellorto
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by pdellorto » Tue May 04, 2010 7:51 am

I'll second that movie recommendation. The Steroids 101 section and some of their experiences with them will stick with you, and at least give you a basic understanding before you head off to do research.

But it seems like if you're going to cycle steroids, it's going to take a lot of careful reading, discussion, and then buying and using on the sly. So go into this thinking "maybe after a year of solid research I might know what to do or what not to do."

Editing later: I say this having no experience doing them. But I've read a bit about them, and it seems like you have to have a solid idea of what you're doing. It's essentially self-prescribing medication. You better know what it does and how much to take for how long, and what to do if bad stuff happens. If you're going to inject stuff into your body know what it does. Be careful man!

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Tue May 04, 2010 7:58 am

There was a series of articles a year or two ago on T-Nation that were basically the journal of a guy who did a cycle of steroids. He researched for about a year or a year and a half before starting.

There ought to be places where you could do this under a doctor's supervision, and with legal prescriptions. If a doctor had the knowledge, and were willing to do it, it would make the whole thing legal. I haven't heard of such a doctor, though.

Proper Knob

Post by Proper Knob » Tue May 04, 2010 8:21 am

The question that initially springs to my mind is, why?

If your a powerlifter who competes under an organistaion that allows them, fair enough, you have a reason. Same with a bodybuilder who competes under an organisation that allows them. In both circumstances you would be at a disadvantage against your competition, now i can understand that angle. It just seems far too much of a hassle your goal is to only have bigger 'gunz', which i'm not saying yours is.

robertscott

Post by robertscott » Tue May 04, 2010 9:36 am

Jungledoc wrote:There was a series of articles a year or two ago on T-Nation that were basically the journal of a guy who did a cycle of steroids. He researched for about a year or a year and a half before starting.

There ought to be places where you could do this under a doctor's supervision, and with legal prescriptions. If a doctor had the knowledge, and were willing to do it, it would make the whole thing legal. I haven't heard of such a doctor, though.
yeah if only there was a doctor who'd send us the steroids.... Maybe a doctor who lifts himself... But where to find such a doctor?...

xshawnxearthx

Post by xshawnxearthx » Tue May 04, 2010 9:37 am

robertscott wrote:
Jungledoc wrote:There was a series of articles a year or two ago on T-Nation that were basically the journal of a guy who did a cycle of steroids. He researched for about a year or a year and a half before starting.

yeah if only there was a doctor who'd send us the steroids.... Maybe a doctor who lifts himself... But where to find such a doctor?...
:lol: :lol: :grin: :grin:

stuward

Post by stuward » Tue May 04, 2010 9:38 am

robertscott wrote:

Especially one that doesn't value his license.

manofsteel1385
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by manofsteel1385 » Tue May 04, 2010 3:51 pm

Thing is i don't want to lift for "gunz" I never have.

I'm lifting now and doing what I do to be a fitness model.
Some people think I'm nuts but I have seen the competition they are a lot better off than i am although I am still getting offers to shoot all the time I don't want to shoot being less than my goals... and it seems that goal as slowly as it approaches seems harder to reach.

I was thinking while trying to cut down I also want to bulk and add some solid size not like bulky but just not skinny either.

Im in a predicament to say the least guys. A lot of people say you can't bulk while cutting or you need to bulk first cut later I say that is bull$h1t.
I dont want to have to wait and thats why im considering them. Because time is of the essence right now. Ok so im going to check out t-nation and see what I can find ... thanks for the help guys.

Jason Nunn
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Jason Nunn » Tue May 04, 2010 5:01 pm

I don't know why you think that you must use to achieve your goals. Have you had your test levels checked? If not, how do you know they are dropping? At 25, I wouldn't think this would happen. Obviously, this will happen at a different time for all of us, but I was thinking it would be something that would happen in the mid to late 30's, not 20's. I'm 28 and am bigger and stronger than I've ever been. All I take is a multi and fish oil.

Kenny Croxdale
Powerlifting Ninja
Powerlifting Ninja

Re: Steroids?

Post by Kenny Croxdale » Wed May 05, 2010 7:30 am

manofsteel1385 wrote:I am interested in steroids.

A lot of people say don't use them your junk will shrink, don't use them they are bad for you. Blah Blah Blah
John,

Your "junk" isn't going to shrink. Short term use isn't bad for you. It amazing at all the misinformation out there.
I am at the point age wise where I read that using them would be recommended due to my natural drop in testosterone. I turned 25 this past January.
It is doubtful that you had enough of a drop to notice.

Someone asked if I was on them and I laughed like haha I wish but I
don't know much about them and if I were to look into them I would rather have first hand experience from people that used them over written stuff.

Right now I'm 5'8 180.8 lbs....weight fluctuates from that to 175 depending on the day. I don't care about weight I just want to get bigger. Weight used to be a big thing to me that's why I got fat and bulked up to 215 lbs.

I'll be doing the GVT routine soon and don't want to use them until I hit a wall on every level supplementing dieting etc. Has anyone known anyone that used them or used them yourselves and want to share information?
I used them from 1979 to 1989. In that period, I never had any real health issues nor any of my powerlifting buddies.

I was 27 when I began taking them. I began weight training when I was 16 at 130 lbs. By the time I was 18, I had bulked up to 140 lbs.

By the time I was 27, I had bulked up to a massive 148 lbs at 5'8".

In a 6 week cycle of 10 mg of dianabol, I put on 12 lbs of just about all muscle.

Back then you could find a medical doctor to legally prescribe them. The problem was and continues to be that medical doctors have no knowledge about anabolic steriods.

I got my "intership" at Hanks Gym in Houston, TX from nationally ranked powerlifters, Olympic lifters and bodybuilders. Thyy would right up cycles and go over which steriods did what.

Each steriod has a "personality" type, so to speak. Bill Roberts addresses this at: http://www.mesomorphosis.com/articles/pharmacology/

Four years later in 1983, I was a solid 192 lbs year round.

However, you need to have an idea of what your doing. You need to understand the dosage, how to stack them, and how to cycle them.

You don't need a year and a half of study, as pdellorto, to understand how to use them.

As Jungledoc noted, T-mag has some good article on anabolic steriods.

As Stu noted, no medical doctor in their right mind will write you a script for steriods...for fear of losing their license.
I'm really open about my want to do them. Steroids are illegal here but not in a lot of other countries why is that?
Steriods have been unjustly demonized by the media, politicians, parents, etc. It is tantamount the day when everyone believed the earth was flat.

While untrue, the perception was reality.

Kenny Croxdale

pdellorto

Re: Steroids?

Post by pdellorto » Wed May 05, 2010 8:46 am

Kenny Croxdale wrote:You don't need a year and a half of study, as pdellorto, to understand how to use them.
That's not what I said. What I said was

"But it seems like if you're going to cycle steroids, it's going to take a lot of careful reading, discussion, and then buying and using on the sly. So go into this thinking "maybe after a year of solid research I might know what to do or what not to do." "

Not a year and a half of study. If you're going to refute my ideas, please refute the ones I actually have.

I just suggested that if he's going to self-prescribe medication, he ought to research it first, and set "maybe" a year as his horizon for research. I don't think 12 months is a long time for a 25-year old to spend figuring out what he's going to want to do or not do when he's injecting meds into himself. If John feels more comfortable faster, great, he can adjust it as he learns more. But what's the rush? Is his t-count going to drop so far in a year that even AAS won't help him? It's not like he can go try it out for a couple weeks like a workout or a sport. It's a significant investment in time, money, potential legal problems, etc. and personally, I'd rather see him take extra time than rush into it.

(Editing later - I bow to Kenny's personal experience on this. But Kenny, you had in-person guidance on how to use it and doctor-prescribed AAS. John's got this website and wherever we point him, and pretty low odds of getting prescribed meds he can sure contain what they claim to contain. That's again why I'm suggesting he go into this cautiously and carefully.)

Gantz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Gantz » Fri May 07, 2010 12:57 am

heres a link to the 16-week cycle of the steroid journalist:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/ ... .features1

keep in mind that he harbors somewhat of a biased attitude towards roids.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Fri May 07, 2010 2:09 am

Gantz wrote:heres a link to the 16-week cycle of the steroid journalist:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/ ... .features1

keep in mind that he harbors somewhat of a biased attitude towards roids.
This is interesting, but not the same guy who's journals appeared on T-Nation. Here's the link to the last article in the 6-part series; it has links to the first 5 parts.

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_arti ... id_user_vi