Captains of Crush grippers

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward

Jclem23
Novice
Novice

Captains of Crush grippers

Post by Jclem23 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:52 pm

I got three captains of crush grippers for christmas today: the trainer, the number 1, and the number 2. However, I couldn't even close the trainer all the way. I could get the grippers to be parallel, but i couldn't get them to touch. I always knew that my grip was really weak, but I didn't realize that it was this weak. Should I just attempt to do partial reps with the trainer until i can close it all the way? Or should i buy the guide/sport one?

Jungledoc

Re: Captains of Crush grippers

Post by Jungledoc » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:02 am

I'd say both. If you can get a lighter one, use that for volume, but do the trainer for lower volume work.

Kenny Croxdale
Powerlifting Ninja
Powerlifting Ninja

Post by Kenny Croxdale » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:36 am

Jclem23 wrote:I got three captains of crush grippers for christmas today: the trainer, the number 1, and the number 2. However, I couldn't even close the trainer all the way. I could get the grippers to be parallel, but i couldn't get them to touch. I always knew that my grip was really weak, but I didn't realize that it was this weak.
Three Types of Grip Strength
http://breakingmuscle.com/strength-cond ... train-them" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are three type of grip strength.

You may have more grip strength in another area.

Should I just attempt to do partial reps with the trainer until i can close it all the way? Or should i buy the guide/sport one?
Jungledoc

I agree with him.

Kenny Croxdale

Jclem23
Novice
Novice

Post by Jclem23 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:02 pm

Thanks for the responses. I have been doing partial reps with the trainer and have already seen improvements in my grip strength. I am very close to closing it.