Random crap

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, jethrof, parth, stuward

robertscott
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by robertscott » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:43 am

i dance when I hit a good lift, 5/3/1 has been good to me this last while and I'm breaking PRs practically every time I'm in the gym now.

That means a whole lotta dancing.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:40 pm

Bob, I think you'd be a lot of fun to lift with!

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:52 pm

I have a huge hangover, fv(k. They kicked me out of the club pub cause I was too drunk wtf

hoosegow
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by hoosegow » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:12 pm

Sounds like you are suffering the consequences for your actions. Don't complain about the hangover if you are going to get drunk.

Nevage

Post by Nevage » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:42 am

Or become a regular drinker and stop getting hangovers, adaptation isn't just for training :smile:

Wouter
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Wouter » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:05 am

Become Irish/Scottish/Belgian and never get hangovers.

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:37 pm

I'm part Irish, I drank a lot that night! Havent drank in a long time. I don't really care about the hangover I was just pissed that I got kicked out and I wasn't completly wasted. I wasn't bumping into people and doing anything stupid I was just talking to my cousin lol.
But I still shouldn't complaine at all about the hangover.

frigginwizard

Post by frigginwizard » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:30 pm

I have only been kicked out of a bar once, and I have no recollection of it happening, I was told about it the next day.

KPj

Post by KPj » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:53 am

Just thought I would post this as I reckoned you would appreciate it. Most may remember I had the "training for a 5K" thread, when I started training my sister. She was technically the first person I trained properly - although I wasn't a trainer at this time. We started training out in the park. I think this was almost 2 years ago. She was very difficult at first but soon got "the bug". Infact I remember being out in -9, snow and ice, in the park with her, getting a training session in.

She is what I base my principles of training people on. For the last several months, she's pretty much managed her own fitness and diet, training at home with limited equipement. At first I had to be there every session. This is what I want to give clients - the ability to go out on their own, and not NEED a trainer. She has lost about 60lbs in total now. She looks "athletic" and it's helped bring her right out her shell as a person. Recently she joined a gym. I've not had a chance to go in and show her some new stuff yet, but it'll happen over xmas. In the meantime, she's been amusing herself.

What I wanted to share was a facebook update of hers from the weekend,

"is patiently waiting for the silly wee teenage boys who r messing about with the bar so I can do my f*****g squats"

I loved this! I welled up a little lol!!

She has went from having no confidence, and serious body issues, to saying stuff like this, (her post before the one above)

" is off to the gym to lift some weights...Im no gonnae lie...I look hot when I do squats with a bar on my back...yeh...I really do...Im not even gonna put a "lol"...coz well...I actually mean it..."

That is all! Just sharing the pride :grin:

KPj

Marnix
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Marnix » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:05 am

Spend a week in Geneva (Swiss) and found me some awesome chocolate. If you can still call it that. 100% cacao!

Specs per 100gr:
9 gr protein
7 gr carbs
57 gr fat

hoosegow
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by hoosegow » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:07 am

When my wife leaves me, I'm moving to Scottland to date KPj's sister.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:09 am

OK, I'm not supposed to tell anyone this yet, but since no one on the forum knows me in real life, I figure my secret will be safe here.

I found out today that I'm going to become a grandpa. My son and DIL are expecting in June, AND WE'LL BE IN THE US THEN! The trip was already planned.

Can anyone explain to me why I feel like I've accomplished something?

KPj

Post by KPj » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:00 am

hoosegow wrote:When my wife leaves me, I'm moving to Scottland to date KPj's sister.
haha, i'm actually going to tell her about this comment, she'll like it!

KPj

KPj

Post by KPj » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:02 am

robertscott wrote:i dance when I hit a good lift, 5/3/1 has been good to me this last while and I'm breaking PRs practically every time I'm in the gym now.

We like to strike a "javelin pose" when we hit a PR, or just generally for the sake of clowning around.

I love the irony of it because, well, my main training partner is kinda fat, and i'm kinda small. Exactly the kinda guys who would be hitting BB poses, ya know!

KPj

robertscott

Post by robertscott » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:41 am

KPj wrote:
robertscott wrote:i dance when I hit a good lift, 5/3/1 has been good to me this last while and I'm breaking PRs practically every time I'm in the gym now.

We like to strike a "javelin pose" when we hit a PR, or just generally for the sake of clowning around.

I love the irony of it because, well, my main training partner is kinda fat, and i'm kinda small. Exactly the kinda guys who would be hitting BB poses, ya know!

KPj
nice! The javelin pose is easily the best BB pose I reckon, although there's always room for a most muscular. You should switch it up every now and then, you don't want your body to adapt haha...

and on the subject of your weightlifting sister, unlike Hoose I have the advantage of already being in Scotland. Don't suppose she's single and living in Glasgow?...