Random crap

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward

frigginwizard

Post by frigginwizard » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:45 am

stuward wrote:I heard on the radio the other day that the average man spends 11,000 hours in bars during his lifetime. Considering that a lot of us only go in occationally, some guys must live there. What a waste of a life.
wow, I just did some quick math on this. I would have to spend ~10 hours a week for over 20 years to get this kind of a number.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:38 pm

robertscott wrote:As a nation we need to get off our fat asses and do something other than drinking.
I thought y'all just marched around in kilts playing bagpipes. Hmmmm. I'm going to have to rethink my whole stereotype of Scots.

stuward

Post by stuward » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:13 pm

frigginwizard wrote:
stuward wrote:I heard on the radio the other day that the average man spends 11,000 hours in bars during his lifetime. Considering that a lot of us only go in occationally, some guys must live there. What a waste of a life.
wow, I just did some quick math on this. I would have to spend ~10 hours a week for over 20 years to get this kind of a number.
Friday and Saturday from 6 to 11. Reminds me of my university days. All you need to do is not grow up.

hoosegow
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by hoosegow » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:42 am

I figure I've probably spent over that from age 14 to age 35. I bet I spend lest than 10 hours a year now.

robertscott
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Post by robertscott » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:13 am

Jungledoc wrote:
robertscott wrote:As a nation we need to get off our fat asses and do something other than drinking.
I thought y'all just marched around in kilts playing bagpipes. Hmmmm. I'm going to have to rethink my whole stereotype of Scots.
more anti-Scot racism! That's it, I've had enough. I'm complaining to the Mods.

robertscott

Post by robertscott » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:14 am

hoosegow wrote:I figure I've probably spent over that from age 14 to age 35. I bet I spend lest than 10 hours a year now.
All you'd need would be a couple of all day drinking Saturdays a month, wouldn't be that hard to do. Then you could go to a nightclub and stay there drinking til 5.

Proper Knob

Post by Proper Knob » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:10 am

Too amazing for words

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2qcYjJrZVc

VCA race in Chile

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:03 am

robertscott wrote:
Jungledoc wrote:
Racism! I'm the one who is trying to break out of my old stereotype. I used to think that Scots just marched around in kilts playing bagpipes all day. Now I realize that this was much too narrow. Now I understand that some of them sit around in pubs drinking Guiness all day. I'm broadening my point of view.

robertscott

Post by robertscott » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:43 am

Jungledoc wrote:
robertscott wrote:
Jungledoc wrote: I thought y'all just marched around in kilts playing bagpipes. Hmmmm. I'm going to have to rethink my whole stereotype of Scots.
Racism! I'm the one who is trying to break out of my old stereotype. I used to think that Scots just marched around in kilts playing bagpipes all day. Now I realize that this was much too narrow. Now I understand that some of them sit around in pubs drinking Guiness all day. I'm broadening my point of view.
occasionally some of us pick up a barbell too, but only very occasonally

RobertB
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by RobertB » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:48 am

robertscott wrote:...
Or eye up random objects and look at the chip pan with curiosity :)

robertscott

Post by robertscott » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:38 pm

RobertB wrote:
robertscott wrote:...
Or eye up random objects and look at the chip pan with curiosity :)
you may mock young man, but the deep fried pizza was a masterstroke!

stuward

Post by stuward » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:45 pm

To say nothing of the deep fried Mars bar, probably one of the best Scottish inventions, along with haggis.

jps
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by jps » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:40 pm

I ate half a bag of twizzlers today.

KPj

Post by KPj » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:35 am

Speaking of Scottish Delicacies, on Sat I was at a fund raising night (full of Ballet/dance instructors, I should add :wink:). A local chippy supplied fish suppers and I ate 3 of them. I also ate before I left. I was at a table of 10 and was the only male there, too. I felt like a Lion surrounded by my lionesses who were bringing me food. I could tell at least the majority of the table hated me for it though, especially as I was also there with a potential client and used the fish suppers as an example of my diet plans - "I don't believe you should have to cut anything out of your diet - this is my 10%..... It stimulates Leptin!! really!!!".

BTW I got more Mango Lassi and the brand is "Mumtaz". It's just mango, whole milk yogurt, and a boatload of added sugar, which is evident from the coma you slip into after drinking one. They taste good though!

You know you're a good trainer when you get paid in Smoothies :eek:

KPj

hoosegow
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by hoosegow » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:28 am

jps wrote:I ate half a bag of twizzlers today.
And you were stronger for it.