Random crap

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, parth, stuward, jethrof

KPj
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Re: Random crap

Post by KPj » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:15 am

DOMS continues to confuse the hell out of me.

My traps are already pretty sore from doing rack pulls last night. I didn't expect this at all. Note that these were quite easy, with a light weight. Yet, I done shrugs 2 weeks ago, for the first time in about 4 years and had no DOMS at all.

I'm not bothered about DOMS, really, but since i've been working around this injury i've had some strange DOMS experiences.

stuward

Post by stuward » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:22 am

It was probably the angle of the pull that was different.

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:19 pm

I had coffee for the first time today, black! I had so much energy! And it was less than a cup.

Wouter
Associate Member
Associate Member

Re: Random crap *NSFW*

Post by Wouter » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:07 am

*NSFW*

Can you resist to click on this link?

It's so easy to click on it.

Look, I even hyperlinked it for you.

jps
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by jps » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:19 am

Note to self...never click on a Wouter link.

stuward

Post by stuward » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:42 am

jps wrote:Note to self...never click on a Wouter link.
The rest of us learned that a while ago.

Ironman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ironman » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:39 pm

Wouter wrote:*NSFW*

Ok I added the appropriate warning. You need to warn people when you post a link like that.

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Jebus » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:17 pm

What does, "NSFW" stand for?

jps
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by jps » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:03 pm

Jebus wrote:What does, "NSFW" stand for?
Not Safe for Work

It should be "NS"....plain ole Not Safe.

Wouter
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Wouter » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:42 am

Ironman wrote:
Wouter wrote:*NSFW*

Ok I added the appropriate warning. You need to warn people when you post a link like that.
Ok, but I thought it was pretty easy to notice that the link shouldn't be clicked.

Wouter
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by Wouter » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:46 am

Consider this a hard-earned lesson in self-restraint.

jps
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by jps » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:50 pm

Wouter wrote:
Consider this a hard-earned lesson in self-restraint.

:roll:

KPj

Post by KPj » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:09 am

So, that's me been about a year trying to build my personal training business, part time. I knew it would be difficult but it's more difficult than I imagined. A lot of this, I believe, is due to everything outside of personal training and work that could of gone wrong, went wrong. This accumulated to lots of added stress, time, and money. The lifestyle change has been quite significant. I think I would be lucky to average 1 hour per week of TV. I no longer read newspapers or watch the news (or anything, really). I barely keep up with the sports that I love. If I done all these things I wouldn't have time to write programs, emails/communicate, or learn. My learning time is much more limited so I'm much more picky about what I read, watch, or listen to. I have various books and products I've bought over the last 3-6 months that i've not even looked at yet. This is unheard of for me, I normally have a new book read within the first week or 2 of purchase. In saying that, I've learned so much from actually training people. Coaching is an art, and I love it!

I'm now at the stage in personal training that I hoped to be at in 6 months. Behind schedule but, it's all a learning curve! This means I have a solid client base, enough to comfortably cover the cost of working in the gym (a modest mortgage, basically). I've never been at a loss, but I've had to take everything I could get to cover things. Right now I have complete control over my time. I'm only taking leads that specifically ask for me, or that the sales guys want me to take (train wrecks, mostly). This doesn't seem like much but, in comparison, a trainer who started 7 months ago has just left, [1 million dollars] in debt from when he started. He was in the gym "full time". Another in the same situation is just about to quit, and a couple of others are really struggling to cover costs. In comparison to them, I think i've done ok considering the limited time I have. You don't get to pay "part time" rent. You pay full rent or you don't work there.

Finally feeling good, finally feel like i'm getting a name about myself. I've eased off a little now. I try and keep a Sunday off (although I end up in the gym anyway!). I pick and choose leads, for the most part now. I'm going to hit it hard again but for now I need to step back, evaluate, and get more efficient at certain things before I do. More structure and less chasing my tail!

My training has taken a hit. Not much progress in the last year. Some but not much to speak of. A torn hamstring in Dec added an element of frustration, too. I always get my training done. I've been training for sanity, above all else. Sometimes it's 30-40 min sessions and sometimes it's 4 days in a row. Not ideal but far superior to nothing.

My diet and sleep has suffered the most. I'm actually accustomed to doing heavy lifting sessions with very little food in me and hardly any sleep. Not a good thing but, as I said, I've been lifting for sanity, first and foremost, and for sanity purposes, I need to strain (lift heavy). This is now gradually getting better, though.

Anyway, this was only supposed to note the landmark one year at doing this but it turned into a reflection post lol. Ach well. Random enough.

Proper Knob

Post by Proper Knob » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:18 am

I saw assisted barbell wrist curls in the gym last night, that's a first for me.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:50 am

Proper Knob wrote:I saw assisted barbell wrist curls in the gym last night, that's a first for me.
Hey there! Would you like a spot on those wrist curls?

IT'S ALL YOU, IT'S ALL YOU!!!