So did Poly get banned?

Off topic discussions. Feel free to talk about anything here.

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, darshana, stuward

Rucifer
Member
Member
Posts: 928
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:21 pm
Location: Ohio, USA

So did Poly get banned?

Post by Rucifer » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:58 pm

It's been a day without 37 posts from him- just curious.

Jebus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:04 pm

Post by Jebus » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:30 pm

I wouldnt be surprised and I don't think he would be either. lol that guy is gonna be eating low fat for life.

Nevage
Member
Member
Posts: 613
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 4:31 pm

Post by Nevage » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:55 pm

I wondered why there's a lack of new posts! :dark1: (haven't used a new emoticon)

User avatar
TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
Posts: 3129
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:04 am
Location: Va Beach, Va

Post by TimD » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:58 am

Well, I didn't. Was getting close to doing it, though. My guess is he just saw the comments and took the hint.
Tim

robertscott
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Posts: 4424
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:20 pm

Post by robertscott » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:06 am

poor little guy, I like to think that his heart was in the right place and he really was trying to help but was just really misinformed. Having said that, some of the information he was giving out was woeful! Can't really condone that.

I think we have a fairly liberal and welcoming little community here, and it seems a shame to have to get rid of anybody but so it goes. Can't really have folk who don't do any strength training on a strength training forum now can we?

User avatar
Proper Knob
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1676
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:46 am
Location: Manchester, UK

Post by Proper Knob » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:57 am

robertscott wrote:Can't really have folk who don't do any strength training on a strength training forum now can we?
But it's not a strength training forum. It's an exercise forum.

'Exercise Prescription on the Net'.

robertscott
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Posts: 4424
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:20 pm

Post by robertscott » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:13 am

Proper Knob wrote:
robertscott wrote:Can't really have folk who don't do any strength training on a strength training forum now can we?
But it's not a strength training forum. It's an exercise forum.

'Exercise Prescription on the Net'.
true, but i think it's safe to say it leans much more towards strength training than any other form of exercise.

Don't see too much on here about lacrosse...

Rucifer
Member
Member
Posts: 928
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:21 pm
Location: Ohio, USA

Post by Rucifer » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:17 am

There's other occasional questions. Lots of us here are former/are still runners for instance. And sports players. Most of it's strength training probably because that's the most dominant form of exercise other than something like running. The thing is- weightlifting requires more skill than running, and better form. So its only natural it would peak more questions!

robertscott
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Posts: 4424
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:20 pm

Post by robertscott » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:26 am

you're right, I mean obviously there's all sorts here but if you look at the general forum just now for example there's like 2 threads not about weight training.

we have a fairly mixed bag with regards to powerlifters, bodybuilders and the odd MMA guy, but i'd say 99% of threads (at least in the general forum) are weight training related. We may all train with weights for different reasons but it's definitely the common factor.

User avatar
pdellorto
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Posts: 5252
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 8:43 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Post by pdellorto » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:22 pm

robertscott wrote:and the odd MMA guy
I'm not that odd.

Nevage
Member
Member
Posts: 613
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 4:31 pm

Post by Nevage » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:51 pm

:lol:

User avatar
Jungledoc
moderator
moderator
Posts: 7578
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:11 am
Location: Kudjip, Papua New Guinea

Post by Jungledoc » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:37 pm

pdellorto wrote:
robertscott wrote:and the odd MMA guy
I'm not that odd.
You were the first one I thought of!!! :lol:

User avatar
Proper Knob
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1676
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:46 am
Location: Manchester, UK

Post by Proper Knob » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:32 am

robertscott wrote:true, but i think it's safe to say it leans much more towards strength training than any other form of exercise.
Just ignore me. Sometimes i get too pedantic.

User avatar
stuward
moderator
moderator
Posts: 6612
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:44 pm
Location: Halifax, NS

Post by stuward » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:41 am

Proper Knob wrote:
robertscott wrote:true, but i think it's safe to say it leans much more towards strength training than any other form of exercise.
Just ignore me. Sometimes i get too pedantic.
Knob, you made a valid point. Bob's point is good too. Most people don't do enough strength training so most of the advise here moves in that direction. As well most of the posters here like to strength train so an expertise has developed in that area. The other forms of exercise are also valid, although misguided :grin: but should all be welcome here.

robertscott
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Posts: 4424
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:20 pm

Post by robertscott » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:54 am

stuward wrote:
Proper Knob wrote:
robertscott wrote:true, but i think it's safe to say it leans much more towards strength training than any other form of exercise.
Just ignore me. Sometimes i get too pedantic.
Knob, you made a valid point. Bob's point is good too. Most people don't do enough strength training so most of the advise here moves in that direction. As well most of the posters here like to strength train so an expertise has developed in that area. The other forms of exercise are also valid, although misguided :grin: but should all be welcome here.
Not pedantic in the least PK, you're right that the site is all about exercise, i was just commenting on our invidual bias.

And Stuward I'm so pleased that someone's finally picked up that I prefer to be called Bob

Post Reply