Charts

Discussion of peer refereed articles and clinical applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, darshana, stuward

Smartfam1
former lurker

Charts

Post by Smartfam1 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:52 pm

I'm trying to locate a printable copy of Prilepin's Table. Does anyone know where I can get one online?

stuward

Post by stuward » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:04 pm

PRILEPIN'S TABLE

Percent..............Reps per Set.......Optimal.......Total Range

70 and below ............3-6 ................24 .................18-30
70-80 .......................3-6 ................18 .................12-24
80-89 .......................2-4 ................15 .................10-20
90+ ..........................1-2 .................7 ..................4-10

This came from http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9433

This was written by Sam Byrd. I think he knows a bit about it.

Stu

Smartfam1
former lurker

Charts

Post by Smartfam1 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:29 pm

Thanks Stu! This will work fine.

Jungledoc

Post by Jungledoc » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:30 pm

Stu, do I understand correctly that the table is purely empiric, rather than derived from some theoretical basis?

Could you explain a bit, or direct us to an article that explains in more depth how to use it?

stuward

Post by stuward » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:32 am

Doc, this site has more detail: http://www.sportivnypress.com/documents/SUB_77.html
Conclusions

A.S. Prilepin was the first to research the optimum training load for each weightlifting exercise of the weightlifter’s workouts. His scientific and practical application experiments lead to his development of an effective training method for weightlifters of various qualifications, including juniors and senior members of the national teams. The features of this method are as follows:

1) a significantly higher intensity of loading in which the most effective lifts are with near limit weights;

2) the application of the optimum number of sets and repetitions with a fundamental weight within a workout, varied in individual exercises, workouts, and periods of training.

The organizational methodological achievements of A.S. Prilepin, inculcated into the training of the national teams, are connected with a unified, scientifically substantiated method of planning. Prilepin also developed the creation of a cadre of coaches, independent of the athletes’ personal coaches, and a selection of a varied group of sport scientists, all of whom were involved in perfecting the training process.

Of the nationals teams (1975 – 1985), Soviet weightlifters had their greatest success with A.S. Prilepin at the helm.