Help with CPT exam.... please?

Discussion of peer refereed articles and clinical applications

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, darshana, stuward

Tazarosa
former lurker

Help with CPT exam.... please?

Post by Tazarosa » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:13 am

Hi!

these are the questions during a CPT exam, ... can someone help me? cannot remember the answers...

1- while doing a lunge barbell, where does the spotter stand?
2- A person working in a body shop does a lot of over the head movements, what muscles will you train...
3-Running up the hill... which muscles won't have that much flexibility?

Thank you

stuward

Re: Help with CPT exam.... please?

Post by stuward » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:25 am

1. The spotter's feet astride the rear leg of the lifter or use 2 spotters.

2. Short answer, deltoids. Longer answer, add work for rotator cuff, chest, back, core and lower body.

3. Weird question. Probably Achilles tendon but that's not a muscle. Your hips will tighten up while running up hils so I would say hip flexors.

By the way, this is cheating.
Stu Ward
Thanks TimD

jlmoss
Associate Member
Associate Member

Post by jlmoss » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:04 am

I know I'm still a newb, but I'm bored this morning, got all of my baking done already and just keeping my time at the moment until lunch rush.

Isn't Q # 2 a little vague to have a solid answer? Since the person is working in a body shop and may be already lifting heavy equipment up over his head, shouldn't that person *not* work those muscles involved in what his/her work requires. Instead work the rest of the muscles that aren't required to do his daily work? Then again, if it's not really heavy work, they could probably focus on that area to make it even less heavy work. *shrug*

Since having that person work muscles that are already being worked would put a little overload since no time to rest and recover?

stuward

Post by stuward » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:40 am

That's why I think rotator cuff and supporting muscles are more important. Sort of this approach. http://www.elitefts.com/documents/overhead_athlete.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If it's a test, I think the answer should be something obvious and simplistic, hence the deltoid answer.
Stu Ward
Thanks TimD

Oscar_Actuary
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Post by Oscar_Actuary » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:40 am

more reason not to use a trainer

?