I'm trying to set up an off-season program for my friend, who is a canoe racer. She is starting to get competitive in this sport and I recommended WS4SB to her.
I was wondering if making the following modifications to WS4SB would be good for her specific sport (which involves a lot of back, core and shoulder work).
ME UPPER (MON):
1. ME LIFT: Rowing variation, 3-5RM: Pendlay row
2. Supplemental Lift: one-arm dumbell rows
3. Horizontal push
4. Rear delt/upper back
ME LOWER (WED):
1. ME LIFT: Deadlift, 5RM
2. Supplemental lift: squat, lunges
3. Ab Work
UPPER RE (FRI):
1. RE Lift: chest-supported row, inverted row, etc.
2. Vertical Pressing
3. Medial delt/trap exercise
4 Elbow flexion exercise
5. CARDIO (ergometer)
By focusing ME and RE work on her back muscles, I find this is more sport-specific.
What do you think?
Or should I stick to the original basic program layed out be joe defranco?
Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views
1 post • Page 1 of 1