Fatloss issues

Ask or answer questions, discuss and express your views

Moderators: Ironman, Jungledoc, darshana, stuward

leaffine5212
former lurker

Fatloss issues

Post by leaffine5212 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:58 am

I understand that calorie restriction works to get to lower level of body fat, but how do get past 8% or so without muscle loss. (keto-diets are not an option right now.)

I know HIIT should be included, and weightlifting.
what is the benefits of weightlifting vs. HIIT?

stuward

Re: Fatloss issues

Post by stuward » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:51 am

Exercise is needed to retain muscle. Both HIIT and weight training are effective for this. It doesn't have to be either/or and shouldn't be. To get below 8% you should get a coach that can help you.
Stu Ward
Thanks TimD

mattsouth
n00b
n00b

Post by mattsouth » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:12 pm

Why do you want to get below 8%?

Ferry
n00b
n00b

Post by Ferry » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:33 am

I think i am also stuck with my fat as i am a member of a local gym for past 4 months but only can reduced 4lbs. Really worried about it now i am 86 kgs but i can't understand how can i loss my weight. Working hard and junk food is not my routine 1 or 2 times i used in a month. i am also using green tea 2 times a day and mostly skipped my meals of the day. Anyone can suggest me better that help me to lose my weight rapidly?
https://nickeyrautenberg.com/

stuward

Post by stuward » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:36 am

4 lbs in 4 months is not bad considering you barely mentioned diet. Continue with the gym. Focus on improving your fitness, however you define that.
Overall you have to create a calorie deficit. Skipping meals randomly likely will not do that because you will just eat more to compensate. Green tea can help but you need to look at the whole picture. Check the Diet section of this forum and the main site. Once you feel you understand what you need to do, start your own thread in the diet section with your plan and the rest of us can give you feedback. There is no right or wrong way to do it.
Stu Ward
Thanks TimD